The basic principle of success in any market, including the market of mobile applications – is to be easier, more convenient and faster. Business should take into account the fact that, if today it does not pay attention to the benefits of mobility, tomorrow its competitors will take advantage of these benefits. What kind of benefits they are:
- Mobile solutions form an entirely new channel of advertising for businesses
- Open up a new direction for successful business development
- Help to increase customer activity and growth of sales of goods and services
- Create a platform to promote new products and services
- Can be considered as a new independent commercial product
- Provide communication with the society
- Form the company’s image as an innovative, marching in step with the times
Before you contact a mobile app design company to place your order, understand the features of today’s mobile platforms and their audiences, along with the basics of mobile marketing, so that you know what exactly to ask the designers for.
- To increase brand loyalty?
- To create a convenient additional marketing tool?
- To open a new sales channel?
- Look through mobile apps portfolio of each contractor, take a look at the design, read user feedback. If you dislike the candidate, feel free to exclude him from the list. But also remember that often the most important projects the contractor could do under the protection of NDA, so firstly ask whether the company has NDA-projects the development experience of which might be interesting to you. A good manager will tell you the surface of such projects without violating the conditions of an NDA. You decide whether to believe the manager or not. If you are a good psychologist, you will figure it out.
- Contact with the rest, check the time and cost of developing your specific project.
- Try to talk to a manager who will work on your project, notice how is he going into the project, whether he can offer you good solutions and ideas.
- Talk to previous customers of candidates. You can get their contact information from the managers or directly contact with companies in the portfolio.
- Find out whether the development team uses coding standards and provides a good readable and self-documenting code. It is important for the continued support of the project.
- Look for a development team that is ready for long-term cooperation and support of the project, even if your project is simple and small. The fact is that sooner or later you will understand that your mobile line, your product must be developed and modernized to keep an increase of success. And who will do the job better, if not the team that originally developed your project. Otherwise, if you select a single developer, a freelancer, so that possibly save the budget, then you might need to look for a new developer to design the next version of the application. And it will be even more difficult, as any developer will tell you that working with other people’s code is more expensive or will offer all rewritten from scratch.
- Be wary of suspiciously low price, offers of free product support, free bug fixes after putting the product into operation. Your joy of low price is guaranteed to be quickly overshadowed by the same poor quality of work or refusal to perform free work. Think about it, software company makes money, in fact, by selling their experts’ labor. If these labors are given for free, the company knowingly works at a loss.